Moving on, I am about to entertain you, intrigue you, and maybe even send you running with my answers to Eight Questions posted by another blogger who is new to me at Foxs Lane. Her answers were quite fun, so I hope you enjoy what I've got to say and maybe you will even head over to her blog and join in the fun! Or at least check out a few other blogger's answers.
1. What is your favorite meal to eat? Honestly, I am having trouble remembering this at the moment. For the last two weeks, I have eaten so little because I have been hungry so seldom. I was having to take a lot of pain pills for my aforementioned elbow. But, I must say that recently, I followed my big sister on a new adventure to eat more healthy foods and little to no meat. Our mother died 2 and 1/2 years ago from cancer, cancer that returned after she had gone into remission once already. So, it has become a passion of my sister and I to try everything in our power to stay healthy for our future families. At the moment, one of my absolute favorite things to eat is Spinach and Mushroom Pizza with thick crust, feta, Parmesan, mozzarella, and a few other Italian cheeses. I am almost positive that Pizza should be a main food group in my life, and before now, I had never eaten pizza without meat. In the past few months, I have eaten many a veggie pizza. Yum!
2. Do you have a quirky eccentricity? Well, yes. I have many. My sister spends a lot of her time looking at me with "crazy eyes," and my friends often have trouble wrapping their minds around my being. A few off the top of my head are that I possess an old soul. This isn't something I decided for myself. It is something I have always been told. Another is that I spend quite a lot of time inside my own brain... unhealthy extents of time some days, and yet another eccentricity is that I live to create and learn. I absolutely despise the feeling that rises up inside me when I feel I have stopped learning.
3. What is your middle name? My middle name is Marie. All the names I have contain five letters, and both my first name and middle name end in "ie." I have pondered this since I was somewhere around five years old. It just seemed a bit odd. My middle name causes a lot of pondering for me, though. I so seldom hear it unless I am telling someone what it is, and I feel that I don't emanate anything that would cause me to be a "Marie," but I cherish it all the same. There is something dainty about the name Marie, something sweet and innocent. And, what I love the most about it is that I shared it with my Mom. I never did ask her why she chose to share her middle name with me, but it is a permanent part of her I will always carry with me.
4. What are you passionate about? Creating, loving, living each day to the fullest, and being healthy physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I have felt many times throughout my life that I was a square peg trying to be forced into a round hole. I have never fit into anything society gives me. I am led by my intuition, though I have quite a rational brain. They tend to fight a lot. I want to leave sort of a silent stamp on the world. I don't want fame and fortune, but I want the generations after me to have learned something that they continue to pass on to the generations after them.
5. Thongs or Birkenstocks? Umm...Flip-flops (thongs) occasionally, but mostly I just wear comfy flats or tennis shoes. I am clumsy no matter what I am wearing.
6. Who was I before I had kids? Well, that is simple. I have no kids. I am a newlywed still, so I am still just me. I couldn't' tell you what I want to be when I grow up. I go where I am led. We would love to have children, but I suppose we are waiting for God to choose the child he wants for us. It is in His timing.
7. Have I ever been arrested? No, I haven't. I can't honestly think of anything I have done to be arrested for... other than crimes against fashion, I suppose. ;o)
8. What will you be doing this weekend? This weekend, I will be with my husband! It feels like ages since I had any quality time with him since he started a night shift job. We are going to check out the Relay for Life (a sort of fundraiser for the American Cancer Society) and hopefully, if the rain stays away, we will be seeing a drive-in movie. We live amidst cornfields, but our small town is one of the few (less than 100, I believe) in America to still have a drive-in movie theater. I will be teaching my first Sunday School lesson that I co-ordinated on my own, and I will be starting physical therapy for my elbow. All very exciting things!
So, what will you be doing this weekend? I hope answering eight questions is the first thing on your list!