Friday, June 18, 2010

My First Quilt Bee

I am participating in my first quilting bee ever, and I have finally found the perfect sheets! The quilt bee is for a vintage sheet quilt. I have seen so many gorgeous vintage sheet quilts, and I have wanted to make one for awhile. Now I have the help of a group started up by Deb at Works in Progress, and I can't wait to get started cutting out blocks. Here are a few pictures of the vintage sheets and pillow cases I chose!

This one is my favorite! It was my first choice, and I chose the rest from here.


I really love all the blues. When we move into our new house, I am going to get an office, and it will be very free spirited and calm. I am going to decorate it in light pinks, blues, and purples to match some chairs I have, and I think this quilt may just have to have a place in that room. I can just see myself cozy up under this quilt in one of my comfy chairs with my yarn or a good book.

I can't wait to get started! Thanks again Deb for starting this group!

2 comments:

  1. I love the blues too. Have fun at the bee. Great fabric choices!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, I love the sheets. I also have the blue flowered in the first picture. Just can't bear to cut it yet. I'm ready to sew your square so send it to me baby.

    ReplyDelete