Thursday, November 12, 2009

It is definitely that time of year!

My husband and I will be celebrating our first Christmas as newly weds this year, and we already have our Christmas tree and decorations up! I thought maybe I would share a few pictures with my blogging friends to commemorate such a great time of year.












You can see our newest kitten. She is about six months old and just as crazy as you might expect. She believes every surface of our apartment is free game for her wild games and even her quiet times, as you can see. Behind our kitten, Luna, are a few of my mom's old snowmen decorations. I just love them!

This year will be the first Christmas that we are truly a "family," my husband and I. His family had sort of a tradition of getting the kids their own ornaments each year, and when my husband moved away from home, he got to take his ornaments with him. I also have a few of my own ornaments from childhood, and this year, we thought it would be fitting to mix all of our childhood ornaments all over our tree. Now, there is no telling where one of our ornaments starts and the other's ends. ;o)

The picket you see above is hand painted by my husband's mom. She does wonderful, beautiful and very intricate work. She has carved and painted for many years, and I am always impressed by her beautiful winter scenes.

Recently, I have been taking some slack for having my Christmas decorations up already, and all I can say is that Christmas is the best time of year. I can't help but get swept up in, and I don't mean the over-commercialization. I am swept up in seeing all sorts of people from all walks of life, each with a twinkle in their eye, as we all bundle up for the winter cold, and pretend, if only for a moment, that we are not all so different after all. I love to see people lending a helping hand, thinking of others before themselves, and most of all, I love to see people's faces light up upon receiving a special gift.

I absolutely love to show people that they are special to me, and the Christmas season gives me one more reason to do that. It is such an extraordinary time of year!

2 comments:

  1. One question...is that LUNA? She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha It is Luna. She is pretty, and she has been growing mentally as well! lol She's still a nut, but not so insane.

    ReplyDelete