Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Kitchen Set




I'm not sure how to rotate the top picture, but it is supposed to show you how these knitted...Oh yeah! I said knitted...dish towels hang. I am so so happy with this set. I made it for my friend and co-worker who is graduating high school and heading off to college and her first apartment.
It's a scary world out there, but I am particularly proud of this young woman. I know that I can hardly call her a young woman, being two years older than her, but she is extraordinary. She has surpassed all odds in her life and high school career, and she deserves to do well and be happy. I have high hopes for her, and I can't even explain how proud I am of her.
She is already aware that things are not handed to you in life. She is not afraid of hard work, and she is always in a good mood at work. She has a contagious good attitude, and even when she doesn't know what to say to make your day better, she stands near and smiles at you. You cannot be sad for long around this girl, and when she leaves us to head off to college, it will be hard to see her go. The next high school student that we take under our wing has giant shoes to fill.
Also, as a side note, check out the new items in my store if you'd like. There's not much yet, but I am slowly working my way there. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7255227



3 comments: