Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rewarding

Today, my sister gave me a wonderful gift. She may or may not even know she gave it to me. She asked me if I would help with her with her Sunday School kids. She is letting them sew pillows for their parents, and she wanted to know if I could help them sew while she gave the lesson. I left feeling all warm and fuzzy. I really can't explain it any other way. I have not been to church but one time since my mom died. I really want to go back, but every time, I find a reason not to go. Today, I got a chance to go back without feeling the pressure of sitting with a group of people much older than me. I was so excited driving over to the church. My soul was happy to be back. I can honestly say that I will definitely continue to help. I just hope there is still stuff for me to help with after the pillows. ;)

P.S. I'm not so sure my sister didn't know what she was doing when she asked me. If she did know, she is just as sly as I would expect. If she didn't, that is just another one of the things I love about her, her ability to do the big sister thing and help me overcome my fears.

2 comments:

  1. from what I know of sunday school, I'm certain there will always be something to help with! Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete