Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Feeling Very "Connected"

I am not going to go into detail just yet because I feel this story will be better savored and understood in a week or so. However, I do just want to say that day by day, I am seeing that this world is not such a terrible place...that people are not as bad as they seem, and that there truly is something bigger out there. I am witnessing that the world as a whole is like one beating heart...In moments when we feel most at our wits end, like we won't be able to go on, God delivers people into our lives that impact us quite profoundly. Since starting my blog not even a year ago I don't think, I have met a handful of people from all over the world that never cease to amaze me with their wonderful talents, kind words, and big hearts. I have received wonderful advice, much support, laughed much, learned much, been moved to tears, moved to my knees, and felt more at peace than I believe I have ever felt in my life. I know God is in control of all this, but I just have to say thank you for all the people out there that I have interacted with who are following God's subtle, and sometimes not so subtle, nudges in my direction.

For some time now, I have been feeling like it is time to stop being a selfish child and start paying it forward. My eyes are constantly open for areas to reach out to others with love. I have come to realize I am really over analyzing this, though. I must constantly remind myself of K.I.S.S. Keep it Simple Stupid. Yes, it is a funny anecdote, but it holds true meaning for me. I am never happier than when my life is simple. I never feel better than when I do something simple for someone else. I never have seen more beauty in the world than when I notice the most simple of things, and I have never been so moved than by the most simple of gestures.

Again, I just want to say a blanket thank you to everyone I have met along my blogging path. I could not ask for better people to read about, learn from, lean on, cry with, laugh with, and write my story with. So, Thank You, all of you.

3 comments:

  1. you are one amazing person!! you never cease to amaze me. u r loving caring,, beautiful, talented, genuine, kind, and, and, and...

    people have a lot to learn from you.

    keep it up...U ROCK SISTA!!!!!!

    hehehehehe...love me

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely post, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. and thank you for keeping this blog and writing such a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete