Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Bright Blanket to Match the Bright Personality.

I wish there was a way to really give you guys a better idea of just how much fun this blanket is. As you can see, I have just one more square to go before I get to start the blocking process and hopefully start sewing this weekend! I know it sounds like I'm excited about this sewing business...I am not. I am just so excited to see the finished project and see my customer's reaction when it is done.
For those of you who do not know, this is going to most likely be my first sale through my Etsy store at KMB Studio. It is also my very first ever special request. If you couldn't tell,this is the very same blanket I made for myself with the customers chosen colors. She said she liked how each square was different and that clashing was OK. She just wants bright colors to go with her leather furniture.
It has honestly been so much fun making this blanket, and it has been so much easier the second time around. I am a little bit jealous that her blanket looks better than mine, but that is for two reasons. One, it is for someone else, and my OCD kicks in when I know someone is paying for it. Two, I know what I'm doing this time around. I've got the skills tucked away in my brain now!


Stay tuned for the finished project, which I promise will be much sooner than the first time around!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blanket! I love that the owner to be went for the bold and bright set! Although, I sit here wondering if you can move the yellow away from the yellow and purple square? Too much of a good thing! I am sure you are ordering things the way the pattern calls, but I bet you could switch it up and get by with it!

    ReplyDelete