Friday, February 27, 2009

So happy!

I just spent the last half an hour talking to a guy from Ireland, and he was sooo helpful! If we do get to go, I would like to have my research done ahead of time, so I've been making some connections early. The lady we are buying our ring through has lots of connections, and she, too, has been super helpful. She is the one that led me to this guy. While I was on the phone with him, I went over my rough budget for the trip, and it sounds like I am pretty much right on. He gave me some websites to check out and he even gave me his idea of a great, fun itinerary. He told me about places we should eat and stay as well as places we could pick up groceries! I am just so excited that he knew so much. Of course, he did grow up in Galway, Ireland. He is going with his girlfriend this July, too, so if I have more questions the closer we get, we will probably be able to answer them even better, having just been to Ireland.

I am trying not to get too excited because it is not final whether or not we can go on the trip, yet, but it is definitely hard not to be excited at the prospect of seeing my roots! Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment