Friday, April 10, 2009

New Blankets

This is my very first ever sampler afghan. These are just the squares, but they are finally done! They only took me 3-4 weeks. I honestly can't remember now how long I worked on them because they felt like they worked up so quickly, and I was working on multiple other projects at the same time. I need to sew them together. Then there will be a border around them, and it will be done! I love it!! It even matches my living room.
This here is for a baby shower I am going to next weekend. I got the idea from a Red Heart pattern. The pattern was wrong, or possibly I read it wrong. I had half of what I should have had done on that blanket and had to tear it out because it was growing very wide at a rapid rate, though it wasn't growing in length really at all. I used the Red Heart Baby clouds for both the turtle and the blankie and I crochet the blankie to the turtle. It turned out so adorable and soft. I absolutely love it!


Here it is laid out across my table. I hope this little guy's mommy loves it too. I am going to try my luck at a pair of baby blue booties this weekend, hopefully. I would also like to make some bibs in a really fun pattern I found. The bibs have goofy monster faces on them, and they are adorable! Then I will stop trying to make everything in the world for this little guy and move onto other projects. I can't say what they are because they are gifts for two of my blog readers for birthdays, but I really really hope they turn out!
Have a nice weekend, and Happy Easter to all!

1 comment:

  1. I really love the turtle blankie. Hmmm... I will have to text you about who else would probably really love to have one of those balnkies!

    ReplyDelete