Friday, January 16, 2009

My Goodness, It's cold outside!

Well, there really isn't much going on in my life right now. I realized I hadn't posted since the 6th of this month, and that was ten days ago! Seriously?! So, since then, I have had my birthday... On my birthday and leading up to my birthday, I missed my mom so terribly that I just wanted it to go away. I didn't want to have a birthday at all. I do appreciate the gifts I got, though. My sister is very thoughtful. :-) She got me a beautiful snowglobe. It is distressed silver, and it has a very simple angel woman standing in the middle holding a cross. She has ivy leaves on her, but everything is silver and magical. Sometimes, throughout the last week, when I was home alone, I would shake my magical snowglobe and turn the music on and just imagine that I was with my mom for the short time while the music played. If I hadn't had my fill, I would play the music over again. It really is magical.

In the past month, I have made numerous hats, too. I have made two hats for myself, a red hat for a friend of mine, and a handful of newborn hats. The newborn hats are meant to actually be used for going outside as they are thick and fuzzy. However, I have realized that out of all these hats I have made, I have not posted any pictures. For my birthday, my sister also gave me a four inch loom that I have used to make a few coffee cozies. The knitting looms turned out to be absolutely fantastic, so fantastic that my brother and Big T started using them to make things. My brother even bought his own set of looms and lots of yarn and has made two hats in two days!

My classes for this semester started this week. I am already dreading taking my Child Psychology class. Last semester, I failed the class because I stopped attending class and never withdrew from it. The chapters for this class are about thirty pages long and the most boring things I have ever read in my life. It is so hard to read the chapters without wanting to gouge my eyes out. I started a new Psychology class. It's the Psychology of Personality, and the reading for that class is very easy to read. It's slightly interesting, but it's not hard to read at all. For some reason, my Child Psych book is just too much, and they pack so much information into one chapter. It is just overwhemingly boring. Anyway, that is really all that is going on with me right now.

We are all moved in to the appartment, settled, and making messes again. I love it! (*Sarcasm*) I hope you are all having fascinating, interesting lives. Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Gouging my eyes out with you, SiStEr! I have had it with these kids being home! The listening and behaving clause has flown right out the window!

    As for me, I am still plugging away on my breast cancer research bracelets, when my kids allow me the time and also the blankie for grandma, when the kids let me!

    ReplyDelete